Elmhurst Garden Club
College Scholarship Application Information
The College Scholarship is open to Illinois residents who are college juniors, seniors or graduate students majoring in Horticulture, Environmental Studies, Biology, Botany and/or other related sciences.
To encourage the advancement and stimulate an interest in horticulture through education; to provide an outlet for creative expression; to further horticultural education, conservation and landscape design through gift-scholarships.
- Must submit a complete official academic transcript sent dirctly from the school to the scholarship chairwoman.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Must submit two letters of recommendation: one from the majoring department and one from a non-related individual.
- Must submit a cover letter discussing commitment to chosen career, extra-curricular activities, community service and work-related experiences.
- Must submit a letter of acceptance (if awarded scholarship).
- Must submit a photo suitable for publication (if awarded scholarship).
- Must present a short program on your major at a meeting of the Elmhurst Garden Club (if awarded scholarship).
- Scholarship funding awarded is granted only for tuition at the college/university designated on application during year applied for.
The deadline for the application and all required documentation is May 1. Please send to:
EGC Scholarship Chairwoman
- Late applications will not be considered.
- You must meet all eligibility criteria.
- All parts of the application must be typed or legible in order to be considered.
- All attachments must contain your full name.
- Any questions? Please call Jean Baldikoski.
_____ Cover Letter
_____ Transcript from the University/College
_____ Scholarship Application
_____ Letters of Recommendation
Click here to download the Scholarship Application form.
May 1 Deadline
If you have any questions on the scholarships, click here to send an e-mail to Jean Baldikoski.
© 2014 XLerators LLC Website designed and maintained by XLerators LLC
Be sure to visit America's most comprehensive Garden Club Directory: www.Floramity.com -- gardening forums, and much more TBD